CALL for APPLICATIONS!
We are pleased to inform that the Wilfried Martens Center for European Studies, Kós Károly Academy, and Robert Schuman Institute announce open the call for applications for the seminar titled “European Elections: Lessons Learnt and Future Implications”. The event is rescheduled to take place in Cluj-Napoca, Romania between October 11-12, 2019, and will welcome 25 selected participants from EPP/WMCES affiliated organizations in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia, involved as analysts/professional staff throughout the 2019 EP election period.
- evaluate the 2019 European parliamentary election results in view of EPP parties’ application of big data, research and analytical capacities throughout the (pre-) election period,as well as;
- explain how these impacted strategy formulation and implementation;
- shape the road map for 2019-2024 strategies coordinated between parties and think-tanks;
- create platform for EPP partner organizations’ exchange of good practices/lessons learnt that could be utilized for building more effective and efficient evidence-based strategies in the future.
Further objectives of the project include, but are not limited to:
- analysis of the European parliamentary elections outcome (situation in European politics prior to the start of the campaign, incorporation of [previous EP elections] learning points, overall strategy of the European People’s Party, target groups and issue identification, organization of the campaign, mobilization methods, political communication and social media strategies, information exchange on locally implemented strategies)
- analysis of digital campaigns in the parties (developing communication, social media skills)
- assessment of issue campaigns in parties based on electorate’s needs (issue identification, issue management, targeting, matching communication channels)
- fostering cooperation between EPP sister parties and their political foundations through English-speaking young people, establishing/strengthening ties within the event framework
Length of the Project: 2 day seminar (October 11-12, 2019)
Note: Arrivals are one day before (10 October, Thursday) and departures one day after the program (13 October, Sunday).
Working Language: English (no interpretation will be provided)
Online application form can be found HERE
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Only complete application packages received before the deadline will be considered.
Should you require any further information about the event, please do not hesitate to contact us. Looking forward to your applications!